Physical activity is not just for your child’s fun, Your child’s Physical activity is crucial to their development from a child into a healthy outgoing adult. Early childhood activities have been proven to help determine a child’s Self-esteem, Concentration skills, and Physical activity/eating habits. These activities should offer play-based, physically challenging learning experiences that link to children’s interests, abilities, and prior knowledge.
Some Direct Benefits of being active for young children include:
- helping to achieve and maintain a healthy weight
- building strong bones and muscles
- improving cardiovascular fitness
- improving balance, coordination and strength
- maintaining and developing flexibility
- improving posture
- assisting with the development of gross motor and fine motor skills
- providing the opportunity to develop fundamental movement skills
- helping to establish connections between different parts of the brain
- improving concentration and thinking skills
- improving confidence and self-esteem
- relieving stress and promoting relaxation
- providing opportunities to develop social skills and make friends
- improving sleep.
- Higher test scores in reading and math.
- An increase in the size of essential brain structures and number of neural connections.
- Decreases in symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- Self-efficacy with regard to health and self-image.
Build a strong foundation for your child’s Emotional and physical health development while they’re having fun next summer. Call us today! Off Season (Sept – June) (845) 638-2515
Camp Season (July – Aug) (845) 942-4781