Every summer, over eleven million children and adults in the United States will attend summer camp. The benefits of summer camp are endless and make the choice of whether or not to send your child to day camp near New York City easy, just send your son or daughter to Day Camp in the Park! Need some more reasons on why you should send your child to summer camp this year? Keep reading to learn more!
- Boosts Independence- From the second that you drop your son or daughter off at day camp, they become more independent and in charge of themselves. Summer camp is likely the first time that children are by themselves other than school. Our day camp staff teaches campers a ton of life skills to help them build independence and grow up at summer camp.
- New Friends- At summer camp, your children will make tons of new friends from surrounding towns and counties. This is a great way for children to improve their social skills and to work together like a team. Many of our campers say that they have met their best friends at summer camp and keep in touch with them all year long.
- Try Something New- We are happy to have created a nonjudgmental atmosphere where children don’t have to be afraid to fail. Instead, children can choose to participate in a variety of summer camp activities, whether they have tried it in the past or not. Campers will be instructed by our staff to try their best and to work hard to achieve their personal goals while still having fun.
- Reconnect with Nature- Located on 500+ acres with our own lake waterfront, Day Camp in the Park is the perfect place for children to reconnect with nature and explore the great outdoors. We have a variety of fields, courts, and other summer camp facilities that campers can use and get much needed time outside.
- Builds Confidence- By the end of the summer, children will be more confident in many different ways. They will feel more confident when trying new things, making new friends, creating personal goals, and more.