10 Acronyms Every Parent Should Know
People have been throwing around internet slang, but now it’s time to make sure we’re all on the same page with what our kids are texting each other.
- YOLO – You Only live Once. A justification to do something you know will most likely get you in trouble.
- TBH – To Be Honest. Allows a person to be completely honest or let a person know that they’re being truthful.
- DM – Direct Message. When a person says this on any platform they’re telling another to message them privately.
- IRL – In Real Life. To give people a sort of insight that what they’re saying relates or is happening to them in real life.
- Facepalm – A term to show that what a person is saying or doing doesn’t make any sense; just plain idiotic.
- SMH – Shaking My Head. Showing that you are disappointed or annoyed by someone.
- Basic – Saying that the way a person is acting, speaking, or dressing is unoriginal or boring.
- Shade – A way for someone to be disrespectful in a non-direct way.
- Shook – Being completely surprised by someone in either a sarcastic or actual way.